About the Queue
The default sort order of the Current Queue page is by the common sequence of the states (EDIT, RFC-EDITOR, AUTH48, etc.) then by weeks in queue. Click on a column name to sort by that column; click it again to reverse the order. The column names are as follows:
- Current state = The current state of the document. For definitions of the state names, please see Definitions of Queue States.
- Weeks in state = The number of weeks the document has been in its current state.
- Weeks in queue = The number of weeks the document has been in the RFC Editor queue, i.e., the number of weeks since the stream manager approved the document for publication as an RFC.
- Draft name = The draft string. It is a link to the document’s entry in the IETF Datatracker.
- Cluster = The cluster identifier, if the document is part of a cluster. It is a link to the relevant cluster page.
- Pages = The number of pages of the document (as .txt).
- Submitted = The date that the document entered the RFC Editor queue.
Definitions of Queue States
- EDIT = Awaiting editing or being edited
- RFC-EDITOR = Undergoing final internal review before AUTH48
- AUTH48 = Awaiting final author approval(s)
- AUTH48-DONE = Final approvals are complete
- AUTH = Awaiting author action
- IESG = Awaiting IESG action
- IANA = Document has been edited but is holding for completion of IANA actions
- TI = Tooling Issue. Publication of the document is on hold pending the resolution of an issue with the software tools used to create the files.
- REF = Document has been edited but is holding for a normative reference that is in the queue. (Note: In addition, “REF” is used to mark a list of normative references shown on cluster pages. Each reference is listed as IN-QUEUE or NOT-RECEIVED.)
- MISSREF = Awaiting a missing normative reference (i.e., the reference is NOT-RECEIVED) or there was a specific request from the stream manager or authors for simultaneous publication with another document. See below regarding MISSREF generation numbers.
See the typical order of the states in the Process Flowchart.
Definitions of Flags
A document can move through various states while having either, both, or no flags set.
- *A = IANA flag. The document has IANA actions that are not yet completed.
- *R = Reference flag. The document has one or more normative references that are IN-QUEUE or NOT-RECEIVED.
Definitions of MISSREF Generation Numbers
- 1G = has a reference to a NOT-RECEIVED document
- 2G = has a reference to a document that references a NOT-RECEIVED document
- 3G = has a reference to a document that references a doc that references a NOT-RECEIVED document
Historic Information: States That Are No Longer in Use
As of March 2013, documents under review by the Independent Submissions Editor are tracked in the Datatracker.
- ISR = Independent Submission Review by the ISE
- ISR-AUTH = Independent submission awaiting author action or in discussion between author and ISE
- TO = Time-out period during which the IESG performs a review as described in BCP 92. (TO is listed with an expiration date on the queue page.)