The following documents form the RFC Style Guide.
- RFC 7322: “RFC Style Guide”
- Web Portion of the Style Guide
- RFC Series Editor statement on authorship (May 2015)
- Status of This Memo Boilerplate – “Status of This Memo” text as defined by RFC 7841. All permutations of the text are listed here.
- Abbreviations List – Expansions of abbreviations (and acronyms) in RFCs
- Terms List – Table of decisions on consistent usage in RFCs
- IAB Format – IAB-specific format for RFCs in the IAB stream.
- Tips and Resources for Authors – Provides some writing tips and resources for authors
- Reference Entries for RFCs – Available in XML and TXT.
- Reference Entries for STDs and BCPs – Available in XML and TXT (for the STD subseries and the BCP subseries .
Old materials (replaced by the documents above):