About the Queue
The default sort order of the Current Queue page is by the common sequence of the states (EDIT, RFC-EDITOR, AUTH48, etc.) then by weeks in queue. Click on a column name to sort by that column; click it again to reverse the order. The column names are as follows:
- Current state = The current state of the document. For definitions of the state names, please see Definitions of Queue States.
- Weeks in state = The number of weeks the document has been in its current state.
- Weeks in queue = The number of weeks the document has been in the RFC Editor queue, i.e., the number of weeks since the stream manager approved the document for publication as an RFC.
- Draft name = The draft string. It is a link to the document’s entry in the IETF Datatracker.
- Cluster = The cluster identifier, if the document is part of a cluster. It is a link to the relevant cluster page.
- Pages = The number of pages the document has.
- Submitted = The date that the document entered the RFC Editor queue.
Definitions of Queue States
- EDIT = Awaiting editing or being edited
- RFC-EDITOR = Undergoing final internal review before AUTH48
- AUTH48 = Awaiting final author approval
- AUTH48-DONE = Final approvals are complete
- AUTH = Awaiting author action
- IESG = Awaiting IESG action
- IANA = Document has been edited, but is holding for completion of IANA actions
- REF = Document has been edited, but is holding for a normative
reference that is in the queue
(Note: In addition, “REF” is used to mark a list of normative references shown
on the queue page. Each reference is listed as IN-QUEUE or NOT-RECEIVED.)
- MISSREF = Awaiting a missing normative reference (i.e., the reference is
NOT-RECEIVED). See below regarding MISSREF generation numbers.
Definitions of Flags
A document can move through various states, while having either, both, or no flags set.
- *A = IANA flag. The document has IANA actions that are not yet completed.
- *R = Reference flag. The document has one or more normative references that are IN-QUEUE or NOT-RECEIVED.
Definitions of MISSREF Generation Numbers
- 1G = has a reference to a NOT-RECEIVED document
- 2G = has a reference to a document that references a NOT-RECEIVED document
- 3G = has a reference to a document that references a doc that references a NOT-RECEIVED document
States That Are No Longer in Use
As of March 2013, documents under review by the Independent Submissions Editor are tracked in the Datatracker.
- ISR = Independent Submission Review by the ISE
- ISR-AUTH = Independent submission awaiting author action, or in discussion between author and ISE
- TO = Time-out period during which the IESG performs a review as described in BCP 92 (TO is listed with an expiration date on the queue page.)