[rfc-i] Is v3 ready?

Steve Slevinski slevinski at signwriting.org
Sun Jun 27 15:00:21 PDT 2021

> On Jun 27, 2021, at 4:48 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 28-Jun-21 04:42, Steve Slevinski wrote:
>>
>> I am able to add Unicode and SVG to my Internet Draft.
>
> Glad to hear it. But for the wider public, be aware that SVG generated with your favourite drawing package is unlikely to pass the Tiny SVG check out of the box. Experience suggests that very simple things drawn with a very simple tool like dia have the best chance of passing.

Hi Brian,

My SVG is created from scratch by my tools.
To pass validation, I had to delete the metadata tag and remove the “fill” attribute from the <rect> and <path> tags.
These details are allowed by Tiny SVG1.2, but not allowed by the RFC SVG subset of RFC 7996.

Overall, good error messages, good references, and a very easy fix.

-Steve