[rfc-i] Is v3 ready?

Jay Daley jay at ietf.org
Sun Jun 27 14:34:07 PDT 2021

Hi Steve

To answer the question in your subject line - yes it is ready, but more needs to be done to make it easier to use, including a new web service to replace xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org, for which we have an RFP out[1], better author documentation and a single place to find template, tools etc.  These problems were all identified in the survey we did last year of I-D authors and the recommendations [2] are being worked through.

Please continue to send feedback - it’s very helpful for this work.

Jay

[1]  https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/Author_tools_web_services_re-implementation_RFP.pdf
[2]  https://www.ietf.org/blog/results-and-analysis-of-the-survey-of-i-d-authors-on-formats-and-tools/