[rfc-i] Is v3 ready?

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sun Jun 27 07:54:29 PDT 2021

Am 27.06.2021 um 16:24 schrieb Steve Slevinski:
> Hi RFC Interest,
>
> It’s time to update my I-D again.
> I let it sit for 18 months.
>
> I was hoping to switch to v3, but I’m running into errors.
> The conversion from v2 to v3 still breaks tables by adding <td></tr>.
> Easy find and replace.

If that's reproducable: open a ticket at
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/xml2rfc>.

> The xml2frc tool is complaining about <seriesInfo> being used in <front>.
> Looking through the specification, this should be allowed.

The use of seriesInfo in the new place (front) is unfinished. My
recommendation is to stick what v2 uses for now.

> I wanted to use the new SVG and Unicode possibilities.
>
> Is there an example v3 XML document I can use as a starting point?

All over the place. For all recent RFCs, you can just look at their XML
(but make sure to run "xml2rfc --unprep" before looking...).

Best regards, Julian