[rfc-i] Changes to the v3 <postal> element

Martin Thomson mt at lowentropy.net
Thu Jun 10 18:46:28 PDT 2021

This is a good plan.  Country is useful and mostly easy to get right.  I'd be happy not to see addresses rendered at all, even if they were provided in XML.

RFC 7991 also includes phone and facsimilie elements.  Aside from the laughably antiquated nature of fax, maybe we can deprecate those for similar reasons.  (For the record, I have run the experiment and putting your mobile number in drafts resulted in a phone call.  Once.)