stpeter at mozilla.com
Mon Jul 19 17:06:43 PDT 2021
There's been some confusion about the <seriesInfo> element:
- When <seriesInfo> is a child of <reference>, the 'stream' attribute
- When <seriesInfo> is a child of <front>, it's unclear how exactly to
handle the 'stream' attribute. For instance, since <seriesInfo> can
appear more than once (such as in the case of a BCP), there's potential
confusion if the values of the 'stream' attribute are inconsistent.
- The 'status' attribute hasn't been used at all.
Based on discussion in the RFC XML and style guide change management
team, here is a proposal:
1. Remove 'stream' from <seriesInfo>
2. Add a new <stream> element as a child of <front>
3. Remove 'status' from <seriesInfo>
As far as I can see, this would make the use of <seriesInfo> consistent
whether it is a child of <front> or <reference>.
Feedback is welcome.
More information about the rfc-interest