[rfc-i] Author email identity - Re: summary of Removing postal information from RFCs

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Mon Jul 19 10:40:54 PDT 2021

> I think by default we should assume that auhors of some RFCxxxx
> will still have to be listed as authors for RFCxxxxbis, unless
> the RFCxxxxbis is not inheriting text of the RFCxxxx. Purely
> for copyright reasons.

No.  Unless the previous RFC was published before 2005, every author has
already granted the IETF the right to reuse the material, with or without
credit.

It's up to the people working on a draft to decide who to list as authors.
I continue to have no sympathy for someone who says he wants to be listed
as an author of an RFC but there's no way to contact him about it.

Regards,