[rfc-i] Author email identity - Re: summary of Removing postal information from RFCs

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Mon Jul 19 10:29:50 PDT 2021

>> I find it very diifficult to have sympathy for a person who wants to be
>> listed as the author of a document but not get e-mail about it.
>
> Rule for no-email is of course that you do not partake in the
> creation of the RFCxxxxbis, but you did partake in RFCxxxx and
> significant enough (for copyright reasions) portions of RFCxxxx
> are inherited without explicit citation into RFCxxxxbis
>
> Does that make sense to you ?

No.  The RPC has a firm rule that everyone who is listed as an author has
to approve the AUTH48 final draft.  If the author isn't willing to
respond to mail, they can't publish the RFC.

There is an IESG workaround for the rare case that an author has died or
has truly disappeared, but "I don't feeel like getting mail" does not
consitute an emergency.

Regards,