[rfc-i] 1.3.37: Annotate contributors section (Re: contacts section?)

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Fri Feb 26 07:07:44 PST 2021

1.3.37: contributors to be listed in the contributor section can now be annotated with text that will be added to that section after their contact information.

The text is entered in the “contribution” entry of the contact information for a contributor.
It is markdown and can contain paragraph breaks and other markup, as shown below (with some author information as context, which is not shown in the rendering).
Note that YAML has the “|” syntax that is strongly recommended for entering markdown text into YAML entries.

author:
  - name: Carsten Bormann
    org: Universität Bremen TZI
    email: cabo at tzi.org
contributor:
  - name: Peter Occil
    email: poccil14 at gmail dot com
    contribution: |
      Peter Occil registered tags 30, 264, 265, 268–270
      ({{advanced-arithmetic}}), 38, 257, 266 and 267
      ({{domain-specific}}), and contributed much of the text about
      these tags in this document.
  - name: Jane Doe
    org: To do
    contribution: |
      Further contributors will be listed here as text is added.

      Plase stay tuned.

➔

Contributors

   Peter Occil

   Email: poccil14 at gmail dot com

   Peter Occil registered tags 30, 264, 265, 268-270 (Section 6.1), 38,
   257, 266 and 267 (Section 7), and contributed much of the text about
   these tags in this document.

   Jane Doe
   To do

   Further contributors will be listed here as text is added.

   Plase stay tuned.

Note that the text rendition of the XML generated contains some spurious empty lines between contact and text; there is no obvious workaround until this is fixed in xml2rfc.  The HTML seems fine.

Grüße, Carsten