[rfc-i] contacts section?

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Fri Feb 26 02:01:16 PST 2021

[ Quoting <julian.reschke at gmx.de> in "Re: [rfc-i] contacts section?..." ]
>><contact>. The txt and html rendering just show the full name of the
>>person as if I typed
>>that directly.
>
>That's what happens when you use <contact> inside a text flow. This was
>added relatively recently to allow non-ASCII characters in names.

Ok...

>The *original* intent was to <contact> to work exactly like <author>,
>except that you place it as a child element of <section> (and you could
>call that section anything you want). See
><https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-iab-rfc7991bis-latest.html#element.contact>.

So the process then is that I add all the contacts in the text (if I need to reference
them in the text somewhere) and then create a section and add a (sub)set of contacts that
are then rendered differently?

This also means I can't put attribution here? I.e. "Sam wrote section 5", because that
would need to be in a <t> ?

>>I was (naively?) expecting a Contacts section, just like the "Author's
>>Addresses' that
>>lists some more information, or another way to see that more information
>>is available.
>
>There is no auto-generated section (and AFAICT, it's not needed).

Just generating such a section with all the given metadata would make the element more
useful (but IMO)

/Miek

--
Miek Gieben