[rfc-i] contacts section?

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Fri Feb 26 01:27:12 PST 2021

Hello,

I've recently added support for contacts in mmark and this allowed to play with it some
more. This showed it's very hard to discover that a person named as a contact is in fact a
<contact>. The txt and html rendering just show the full name of the person as if I typed
that directly.

I was (naively?) expecting a Contacts section, just like the "Author's Addresses' that
lists some more information, or another way to see that more information is available.

Prior discussion, but not exactly here (also closed):

* https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/81, which points to
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-4.11 which makes it sound we can't auto generate
such a section?

And https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/185 to fully document