[rfc-i] whose on first

Jay Daley jay at ietf.org
Mon Feb 22 11:59:30 PST 2021

> On 21/02/2021, at 9:54 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
>> My privileges on the machine where bibxml is hosted were also cut off,
>> so I have not been able to debug or fix what is going on there.
>
> effing brilliant.  as an old friend once told me

Just so that we are clear, the machine that Tony has lost privileges on is under the sole control of Henrik and privileges were lost because it died irreparably.  The service has since been moved to another machine controlled exclusively by Henrik and so all decisions regarding privileges are made by him.

Jay

>    When there is rot somewhere in the middle of the organization, that
>    part can be sawed off and regrown.  When it is at the top, it
>    descends.  A middle manager may be able to block it for a while; but
>    eventually they break and the rot keeps descending.
>      -- paraphrased from Tom DeMarco
>
> if senior software engineers of the quality of the tools crew are
> actually fungible, then why can $dayjob not fill two open reqs?
>
> randy
>
> ---
> randy at psg.com
> `gpg --locate-external-keys --auto-key-locate wkd randy at psg.com`
> signatures are back, thanks to dmarc header mangling

Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director
jay at ietf.org