[rfc-i] <format> element

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Mon Feb 22 00:22:46 PST 2021

On 2021-02-22, at 09:16, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> There's always <annotation> into which you can put any kind of prose.

OK, so you would put a couple of <eref>s there, with plain text that elucidates the link relationship.  (Was thinking of something closer to RFC 8288 here, but that is of course harder to format into text.)

(<eref> hasn’t been treated very well in previous versions of xml2rfc, so I tried to never use it.  Maybe it can emerge into its prime now…)

We could simply add <annotation> to <author> to solve that other problem…

Grüße, Carsten