[rfc-i] whose on first

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Feb 20 12:54:00 PST 2021

> My privileges on the machine where bibxml is hosted were also cut off,
> so I have not been able to debug or fix what is going on there.

effing brilliant.  as an old friend once told me

    When there is rot somewhere in the middle of the organization, that
    part can be sawed off and regrown.  When it is at the top, it
    descends.  A middle manager may be able to block it for a while; but
    eventually they break and the rot keeps descending.
      -- paraphrased from Tom DeMarco

if senior software engineers of the quality of the tools crew are
actually fungible, then why can $dayjob not fill two open reqs?

randy

---
randy at psg.com
`gpg --locate-external-keys --auto-key-locate wkd randy at psg.com`
signatures are back, thanks to dmarc header mangling