[rfc-i] whose on first

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Fri Feb 19 14:29:11 PST 2021

On 2021-02-19, at 23:13, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> are there folk still fixing
> issues, such as bibxml?  or do we keep rolling our own?

I don’t understand the current situation any more than you, but Henrik did leave us this gem:

$ curl https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bibxml3/draft-spaghetti-sidrops-rpki-rsc/xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<reference anchor="I-D.spaghetti-sidrops-rpki-rsc">
   <front>
      <title>RPKI Signed Checklists</title>
      <author fullname="Job Snijders">
	 <organization>Fastly</organization>
      </author>
      <date month="February" day="11" year="2021" />
      <abstract>
	 <t>   This document defines a Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) profile
   for a general purpose listing of checksums (a 'checklist'), for use
   with the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).  The objective is
   to allow an attestation, in the form of a listing of one or more
   checksums of arbitrary digital objects (files), to be signed "with
   resources", and for validation to provide a means to confirm a
   specific Internet Resource Holder produced the signed checklist.  The
   profile is intended to provide for the signing of a checksum listing
   with an arbitrary set of Internet Number Resources.

	 </t>
      </abstract>
   </front>
   <seriesInfo name="Internet-Draft" value="draft-spaghetti-sidrops-rpki-rsc-02" />
   <format type="TXT" target="https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spaghetti-sidrops-rpki-rsc-02.txt" />
</reference>

(The value of /reference/format/@target in this is, er, suboptimal; Martin Thomson has pointed out [1] that you can delete the whole <format target=…> thing and xml2rfc will insert something sensible instead, which you can further control via xml2rfc options.  kramdown-rfc environment variable for that: KRAMDOWN_NO_TARGETS)

Grüße, Carsten

[1]: https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed