[rfc-i] I need your "good" RFCs

Christian Huitema huitema at huitema.net
Fri Feb 12 11:46:15 PST 2021

On 2/12/2021 11:00 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
>      >> Clearly, out of about 9000 RFC, many more would meet the criteria. But
>      >> there has to be something good about these 4.
>
>      > If you want to take a wider view, perhaps citations as counted by
>      > (e.g.)  Google Scholar might be interesting. I'm not sure I have enough
>
> Documents with a lots of Updates, (which are citations), may be examples of
> poorly written documents that needed a lot of correcting :-)

Maybe we should not overthink that. Wes was asking for a sample of
"good" RFCs, letting people respond with whatever their personal choice
is for "good". So let's do that. Once he has gotten several responses,
it will be up to him to read the RFCs mentioned in the response and try
to analyze what made those "good". That's a lot of work, and I am glad
that he is undertaking it!

-- Christian Huitema