[rfc-i] [Tools-discuss] Recommendation 9 from Results and analysis of the survey of I-D authors on formats and tools

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Sat Feb 6 19:20:08 PST 2021

On 2021-02-07, at 03:41, John R Levine <johnl at taugh.com> wrote:

> Speaking of tools that need work, we're still getting more submissions in XMLv2 than XMLv3.

There might be use for some nagging at the submission site, e.g.

To get nicer HTML output from the submission service, prepare your input using
xml2rfc --v2v3 to convert v2 XML to v3, or
kdrfc -3c to generate v3 XML from kramdown-rfc source.

(Much of the "v2 XML" probably no longer is, as people have started to embed v3 features into that — just like kramdown-rfc does.  I think we could have a flag day, after which all “v2" input is converted to “v3” during submission.)

Grüße, Carsten