[rfc-i] [Tools-discuss] Recommendation 9 from Results and analysis of the survey of I-D authors on formats and tools

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Fri Feb 5 06:35:01 PST 2021

Thanks for the history, Carsten – very helpful.

So then kramdown-rfc is *both* a piece of software *and* an extension specification for Markdown.  Yes?    If so, does there exist a document that describes those extensions and their behavior?   Because, to me as a standards guy, that is the important thing.   Making sure that there is a formal specification which *anyone* can use to develop their own tooling.

NOTE: I read the README at https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629 (which I assume is the software we are referring to below) which seems like a great starting point for a language specification.

Leonard