[rfc-i] Results and analysis of the survey of I-D authors on formats and tools

IETF Executive Director exec-director at ietf.org
Wed Feb 3 19:32:42 PST 2021

In October-November 2020 the IETF Administration LLC ran a survey of I-D authors on the formats and tools that they use.  This survey was issued to a total of 6037 email addresses, with that list built from the addresses of everyone who submitted an I-D, or was listed as an author, in the five years previous.  718 responses were received, giving a margin of error of +/- 3.43%. We wish to thank all of you that took the time to reply to this survey.

The results of this survey are now available as a basic web report:

	https://ql.tc/T0WvDV

Additionally, the IETF Executive Director and Temporary RFC Series Project Manager have produced a detailed report of analysis and recommendations:

	https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/REPORT__Survey_of_I-D_Authors_on_Formats_and_Tools.pdf

I recommend that any discussion on this subject takes place on either rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org or tools-discuss at ietf.org as appropriate.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director
exec-director at ietf.org