[rfc-i] Proposed survey on I-D authoring tools

Jay Daley jay at ietf.org
Wed Sep 30 18:39:22 PDT 2020

> On 1/10/2020, at 2:27 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
>> I’ve only mentioned an editor where it has specific functionality
>> (either in-built or via a plugin) to support I-D authoring.
>
> i guess you have never met emacs' xml mode

I wouldn’t describe that as specific functionality to support I-D authoring.  An example of the what I mean is the xml2rfc-xxe plugin to XMLMind, which is maintained by some IETF volunteers.

I’m not sure we get anywhere by asking people if they prefer vi or emacs.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director