[rfc-i] Proposed survey on I-D authoring tools

Jay Daley jay at ietf.org
Wed Sep 30 16:31:38 PDT 2020

>>> hard to answer
>> Yep, hence the suggestion to look on your Datatracker page.
>
> that would be expecting a lot from datatracker.  but i wait to learn
>
>>  "XML using xml2rfc to create plain text for submission"
>> Does that match your usage of xml2rfc?
>
> yes, but many of your other options have the attribute of what kind of
> editor.  hence my saying "ascii editor and xml2rfc" which kinda assumes
> that i edited xml.

I’ve only mentioned an editor where it has specific functionality (either in-built or via a plugin) to support I-D authoring.

I don’t think it adds anything for us to find out if someone wrote the XML in one of 100+ XML editors or 10000+ text editors.  Do you agree?

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director