[rfc-i] [IAB] [Rsoc] Archival format to rfc-interest and the IAB

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Mon Mar 2 21:35:22 PST 2020

> obstructionist

I think this was a matter of perceived tone as much as content.

Maybe because I’m a Northern German, too, I did not perceive the tone as obstructionist, more like as the way we tend to do work in this part of the world.

I was surprised to learn that several participants in the discussion had a different perception.

I am no longer surprised by such surprises; I have long since learned that these differences in perception need to be managed to maintain a functional (and pleasant) working environment.  That may include being more careful in communicating with people from different cultures (both in sending and in receiving messages).

Why we didn’t yet manage to do this here, I don’t know.

Grüße, Carsten