[rfc-i] [xml2rfc] use of sourcecode type

Martin Thomson mt at lowentropy.net
Wed Jul 22 18:37:35 PDT 2020

In rust documentation, there is a flag for example code that says "this code is invalid".  That is separate from the (implied) type.

I don't see it being necessary to fix the "this is invalid, but it is if you add it to this other thing".  But that might be fixed with an excerpt flag that says "this is an excerpt (from X?) and therefore not valid on its own".

As for IANA maintaining a registry of types, sure.  I had no idea that this was a thing until the tls-syntax tag was added by the editor to one of my drafts.