[rfc-i] [Tools-discuss] contributors section & tools

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Thu Jul 16 14:00:52 PDT 2020

Carsten Bormann <cabo at tzi.org> wrote:
    >> On 2020-07-15, at 20:50, Toerless Eckert <tte at cs.fau.de> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not sure whether xml2rfc v3 has special tags for contributors. If so, that
    >>> would solve the problem.
    >>
    >> Scanning through rfc7991 there seems to be no enhancements in this respect.

    > It does.  They are not very well documented.

    > Kramdown-rfc supports them by adding a YAML entry like the authors entry:

    > contributor:
    > - name: Peter Occil
    > email: poccil14 at gmail dot com
    > - name: Many More
    > org: To do

Thank you, I very much like this.
I also noticed today that there was an IESG todo item:
    Warren Kumari to work on acknowledging shepherds, directorate
    reviewers in a more standardized/formal way.
    - Added 2019-10-10 (18 telechats ago)

so, I tried this.

I had a section called "Contributors" already, in the old textual form.
And it actually details some major contributions, so I didn't want to remove
it, so I have slightly renamed it. ("Notable Contributions")

With just name:/email:, I get many complaints from xml2rfc:
 <string>: Line 1655: No declaration for element contact
 <string>: Line 1655: No declaration for attribute initials of element contact
 <string>: Line 1655: No declaration for attribute surname of element contact
 <string>: Line 1655: No declaration for attribute fullname of element contact

I obviously know how to solve this by putting more stuff in.
But, the bigger problem seems to be:

<string>: Line 1614: Element section content does not follow the DTD,
expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (name contact
contact contact contact contact contact contact contact contact contact
contact contact contact)

kramdown-rfc2629-1.3.8
xml2rfc 2.23.1
... upgrading to 2.46.0.