[rfc-i] [Tools-discuss] contributors section & tools

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Wed Jul 15 13:03:24 PDT 2020

> On 2020-07-15, at 21:02, Toerless Eckert <tte at cs.fau.de> wrote:

>>> Scanning through rfc7991 there seems to be no enhancements in this respect.
>>
>> It does.  They are not very well documented.
>
> Can you point me to a place so i can understand it ?

Use the source, Luke.

> Any pointer into rfc7991
> (i could  not find anything) or an actual XMLv3 RFC that does this
> (your latest published RFC with contributors section does not use anything new).

(RFC 7991 is a description of a snapshot in the development of RFCXMLv3.
The current version is described in the source of xml2rfc; partially also in draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-10.txt (expired).

RFC 8799 does use new XML in the contributors section.

>> Kramdown-rfc supports them by adding a YAML entry like the authors entry:
>
> Don't have the toolchain installed,

A mistake :-)

> so it would be ugly to be trying to figure
> out what XML it generates. If its easy for you to send me the XML generated
> from this, i would appreciate.

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bormann-cbor-notable-tags-02.xml

Grüße, Carsten