[rfc-i] contributors section & tools

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Wed Jul 15 12:59:24 PDT 2020

> Is there any tool from e.g.: the IETF or Arkko publishing houses that actually deparses names
> in a contributors section and does something with that information ?

My tools actually do this. For the sake of listing documents or counting authorship, explicitly listed people in the contributor section get counted equally to those in the author section.

My choice, of course. There are some rationales, basically about me creating those tools initially to understand who is making these standards, and contribution counts for that. May not fit everyone’s model of things.

In a perfect world one could control what information one wants to show. Or even be able to show who is acknowledged.

Jari