[rfc-i] Where was the discussion?

Doug Royer douglasroyer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 10:26:53 PST 2020

On 1/20/20 11:01 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> I have read all posts on the RFC-I list that include the string 'SVG'. I find that almost no mention whatsoever was made of SVG-Tiny until it appeared in the drafts. There is barely any mention of an SVG profile before it is asserted that the decision to use a profile of SVG is immutable in 2014. I therefore reject the suggestion that this was sufficiently discussed at the time.
>
> If people want to claim that something was discussed and decided, I am going to be asking for a link to the post where that happened.

I also agree. I ran across this topic because someone Cc'd the topic on a WG years ago. At the time I said that it needed to be discussed in a more open forum. It never was.

There seems to be some channel of RFC's that make it, and I never seen the discussion. Mostly I do not care. In this case I added myself to that list when I found it. The feedback was limited. And I could not find the discussion history.

That is the problem with non-WG drafts. Assuming you can find the mailing list (if any), often no history is preserved.

--
Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US)
Douglas.Royer at gmail.com
714-989-6135