[rfc-i] Representing Unicode in a draft

Henrik Levkowetz henrik at levkowetz.com
Fri Jan 17 09:35:25 PST 2020

Hi Mario,

On 2020-01-17 15:21, Mario Loffredo wrote:
> Dear,
>
> how can I represent Unicode characters in a draft written in XML?

It depends on what you want to express.  Depending on the use case, the
answer may be one of:

 - use the <u/> element
 - place them in <artwork/>
 - it cannot currently be done.

More on the options:

  https://www.rfc-editor.org/materials/FAQ-xml2rfcv3.html#name-how-do-i-insert-non-ascii-c
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-10#appendix-A.1

> I put them natively into an artwork/CDATA element but the PDF generated
> by xml2rfc includes the corresponding code point values.

It sounds as if this should have worked; could you send me the xml file
that gave this result, please?

Regards,

	Henrik (xml2rfc maintainer)