[rfc-i] Proposed Program Description for RFC Editor evolution program

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Wed Jan 15 11:04:00 PST 2020

>> Yes, I know a clique decided that they only wanted black and white images.
> What clique was that again?
>
> Oh yes, I remember, it was the people who bothered to express an opinion on the open mailing list where the format was debated at great length, including the reasons for excluding greyscale and colour.

Also, fwiw:
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rfc-interest/P2DZFUOMrn55zAGaFczcAHHcsLs>,
so it's a stretch to say the IETF as a whole wasn't made part of the
decision making process.

I understand you're suggesting a different process (and fundamental
change to what we think the RFC Editor and RFC Series are) be used in
the future. But I have to disagree with your characterization of what
has happened so far.