[rfc-i] Proposed Program Description for RFC Editor evolution program

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:40:39 PST 2020

> Yes, I know a clique decided that they only wanted black and white images.

What clique was that again?

Oh yes, I remember, it was the people who bothered to express an opinion on the open mailing list where the format was debated at great length, including the reasons for excluding greyscale and colour.

I have some code for a heuristic to convert greyscale and colour to pure b&w if you want it, although I was hoping it would be added as an option to the normal tool. That said, SVG is a horrible mess when you dig into it and the tools that create it are inconsistent. This topic does need more work but b&w seems to be the least of our problems.

Regards
   Brian