[rfc-i] Proposed Program Description for RFC Editor evolution program

Ted Hardie ted.ietf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 07:58:29 PST 2020

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the review.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 5:02 PM Brian E Carpenter <
brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to say that I have no major comments on this proposal. It seems to
> follow the draft-flanagan-rseme model.
>
> I would prefer it if the description stated that the chairs must be from
> outside the IAB and the IESG.

The current plan is to have an open call for volunteers to serve as chairs
for this program, then have community feedback for those volunteers, along
the lines that the IAB uses for appointments.  The IAB does not plan to
have any sitting member act as a chair.

> I note that there isn't any text about the scope. That may be wise at the
> level of a program description, but I'd expect the chairs to start by
> stating an intended scope (and the scope definition in
> draft-flanagan-rseme-03 seems like a good place to start).

I agree that this is one of the first task of the chairs, and I expect it
to be part of the discussion with volunteers.

best regards,

Ted Hardie