[rfc-i] First v3 RFC is published - RFC 8651 on Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) Control-Plane-Based Pause Extension

Heather Flanagan rse at rfc-editor.org
Mon Oct 7 13:00:25 PDT 2019

Wow, everyone. We did it!

Thank you all for years and years of effort in getting us to this point. RFC 8651 is now the first RFC to be published in the v3 format.

As those of you on the xml2rfc list know, there are still heated discussions underway about some aspects of the XML vocabulary. Getting the -bis documents out to capture the reality of the v3 format is critically important. That is in the top 3 priorities for me as I wrap up my time as RSE (the other two are operational transition items and the RFC Model process discussion).

I particularly want to thank the RPC staff. They have worked incredibly hard to fill the roles of expert copyeditors, quality assurance engineers, and key stakeholders throughout the seven years (and counting) of the RFC format project. This is an amazing team. Thank you.

Heather Flanagan, RSE