[rfc-i] Reminder: RFC++ BoF

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Mon Jul 16 07:45:13 PDT 2018

On 2018-7-16, at 16:09, Carsten Bormann <cabo at tzi.org> wrote:

> And I’m sure we’ll do (2) more than once, because of unintended consequences.
> In effect turning a very stable, incredibly valuable resource, the RFC series, into a mess.
>
> Don’t do that.

Since I can't be there either: +100

People have articulated a bunch of very minor problems with the current state of affairs. Even if I did agree that all of them were real, and even if they could all be addressed with one fix, the risks of increasing the confusion in the broader community is not worth the change.

(And I don't agree with most of the articulated problems, and I don't think even a small number of fixes can address most of them in a meaningful way.)

Lars