[rfc-i] CMOS

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 13:50:53 PDT 2017

On 08/10/2017 08:44, John Levine wrote:
> In article <a3b1d556-ac12-6a6d-ff06-dd20f5075bd8 at gmail.com> you write:
>> What's a poor author supposed to do, when confronted with a review comment
>> that is really a matter of style? I can't check the style guide.
>
> Could author take the editor's advice rather than arguing about nits?

Generally, yes, and I rarely have a quarrel with the RFC Editor's editing.
But guidance at an earlier stage might be very useful for many of our
authors, and something freely available on the web would be better than
something behind a paywall. In any case, CMOS is far too long for most
people to use as a quick reference.

    Brian