[rfc-i] draft-iab-html-rfc-02: references

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Feb 29 14:06:59 PST 2016

One way to make this less error-prone in the output formatters would be to make these changes:

- v3 would add a new <referencesection> element as a child of <back>, which can occur at most one time.  If there is a <referencesection>, <back> must not include any <references>.  <referencesection> can contain one or more <references>, and may have a <name>

- if the <referencesection> does not have a <name>, the prepTool adds one with the text "References"

- referencesection/name gets slugified by the preptool, as all <name> elements do

- if the prepTool sees more than one <references> child of <back>, it creates a new <referencesection> element (if one doesn't exist), and moves the existing <references> children of <back> to instead be children of <referencesection>

- the prepTool would assign part numbers to <referencesection> and <references> starting with the next-highest number from those used in middle/section/@pn, and treating referencesection/references as a sub-section

- if there is only a single <references> child of <back>, it remains unchanged by the preptool, other than getting a @pn

--
Joe Hildebrand