[rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-01.txt

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Feb 29 12:17:35 PST 2016

The one place we *do* perform sorting is in references, with sortRefs ='true'.  In the prototype prep tool, I'm preferring the reference's displayreference/@to, then falling back to the reference's @anchor.  I'm using javascript's "<" operator for comparison; I have no idea how that actually compares non-ascii strings.

One way to fix this would be to disallow non-ascii strings in reference anchors and displayreference/@to. If that's the approach, the non-ascii draft needs a note and the prep tool draft needs a step to check for those.

--
Joe Hildebrand