[rfc-i] draft-hoffman-rfcexamples-04, "3. Example of a v3 Document"

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sun Feb 28 22:19:19 PST 2016

On 2016-02-29 04:55, HANSEN, TONY L wrote:
> I've looked at convertv2v3. The reference exists in the original v2 doc and is just preserved. That is, this is the entry in the v2 doc:
>
> <!DOCTYPE rfc SYSTEM "rfc2629.dtd" [
>     <!ENTITY RFC2119 SYSTEM
>       "http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml">
>     ]>
>
> All of the ENTITY references are pulled out and changed to x:includes. Then the remaining DOCTYPE was then just left alone, with no special checks as to what DTD was being referenced.
>
> I guess I can add some code to check for this special case and remove the DTD entirely if it's an rfc2629.dtd reference.

Well, there are other cases that need to be considered. What would you map

<!DOCTYPE rfc SYSTEM "rfc2629.dtd" [

   <!-- re-declare " " as code point 160 (non-breaking space) -->
   <!-- you may need this for UAs that do not read external DTDs -->
   <!ENTITY nbsp
   " ">

]>

to?

In general, how does the conversion treat Internal Entities defined in
the document to-be-converted? And how does it treat those defined by
rfc2629.dtd (and included files)?

Best regards, Julian