[rfc-i] Updates to draft-iab-rfc-nonascii

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Sun Feb 28 10:04:12 PST 2016

Hello all,

Based on community feedback, the I have made the following changes to
the nonASCII draft:

1. The header indicates that this draft updates RFC 7322, the RFC Style
Guide.

2. To clarify the structure and use of author names, the following has
been added to Section 3.2:
In both the front page header and the references section, when a
non-Latin script is used, the fullname of the author is required.
Initials are supported and encouraged if available.
The following has been added to section 3.7:
For references to RFCs and Internet Drafts, the author's name will be
included in the reference as listed on the front header of the RFC or
Internet Draft.

3. To acknowledge that not all scripts have a fixed-width font
available, the following has been added to Section 3.6:
Code components are generally expected to use fixed-width fonts. Where
such fonts are not available for a particular script, the best script-
appropriate font will be used for that part of the code component.

And a few minor nits have been fixed, including making sure all section
titles follow title case. I believe this deals with all currently open
issues against the nonASCII draft.

I will post an updated draft on Monday; it requires Secretariat
intervention.

-Heather