[rfc-i] draft-iab-svg-rfc feedback

Nevil Brownlee n.brownlee at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 25 15:51:59 PST 2016

Hi Doug:

Sorry, it's taken me a few days to catch up on this.
Responding to your emails ...

13 Feb, 0711:
   - Text (section 2.1) and rnc syntax (Appendix A) don't match.
   . Ah, you're right, there are mismatches.
       You report (below) that tspan should allow x and y,
       I've also found that text should allow space
     The rnc version is intended to be the complete definition,
       Section 2.1 is an easier-to-understand version of it.

13 Feb, 0759:
   - svg element should only allow version="1.2" baseProfile="tiny"
   . changed in both sections 2.1 and Appendix A.

13 Feb, 0832:
   - should we allow zoom and pan?
   . No.  I've changed Appendix A to only allow zoomAndPan "disable"
       in the svg element.

15 Feb, 0812:
   - rfc-svg didn't say 1.2-tiny is the starting point.
   . Section 2 does say that clearly, section 1 is an introduction to
       svg for people who haven't thought about it before.  As for RFC 6949,
       the text explains that it's a "specification for changes to RFC
format."

18 Feb, 1016:
   - tspan should allow lots of attributes
   . Yes. The rnc is derived from the original 1.2-tiny rng, that's derived
       from the original 1.2-tiny schema, which has lots of cross-references
       between various elements.  The rng version does that by simply
       expanding all the cross-references, which is why many elemnts have
       such long lists of attributes.
     Section 2.1 isn't intended to be a complete spec, Appendix A is.
       I'll put a note to say that into section 2.1.

I've published a new (-02) version of the draft, it includes all the
changes listed above.  I've also pushed the current versions of the
-02 draft, svn.rnc and svg.rng to
   https://github.com/nevil-brownlee/draft-svg-rfc.git
If you find any more inconsistencies, please let me know.

Also, if you'd like to try my check-svg tool, it's available from
   https://github.com/nevil-brownlee/check-svg.git

Cheers, Nevil

- - - - -