[rfc-i] References

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Feb 23 16:16:06 PST 2016

On 23 Feb 2016, at 16:00, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

> For your example, it would be pretty simple:
>
> P. Hoffman
> Éxämple Corp.
>
> See draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-00.txt, Section 3.2.
> "  Person names may appear in several places within an RFC.  In all
>  cases, valid Unicode is required.  For names that include characters
>  outside of the Unicode Latin and Latin Extended script, an author-
>  provided, ASCII-only identifier is required to assist in search and
>  indexing of the document."

Good catch, but I gave a bad example. How would you propose that the
display of organization names be for:

<author initials="P." surname="Hoffman" fullname="Paul Hoffman">
<organization ascii="Example Corp.">している Corp.</organization>
</author>

Your text above says the ASCII-only identifier "is required", but Joe's
top-level question is "how are these things rendered in the output
formats?".

--Paul Hoffman