[rfc-i] <sourcecode type="cbor">

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Feb 23 15:19:37 PST 2016

On 23 Feb 2016, at 14:59, Carsten Bormann wrote:

> Is <sourcecode type="cbor"> CBOR diagnostic notation?

Yes, given that people would expect <sourcecode type="asn.1"> to be a
text representation, not the [BDP]ER bytecodes.

> (So far, we have been using CBORdiag here.  We also often use actual
> hexdumps of CBOR data in some stylized form; these often use
> CBORbytes.)

We can't put arbitrary bytes into XML and expect them to be valid, so
there might be a call to add type="cbor-bytes" and type="asn.1-bytes"
that are defined to mean the Base64 encoding of those bytestrings.
However, these seem edge-case-y, and can wait until we have a bit of
experience with the format, yes?

--Paul Hoffman