[rfc-i] <tt> vs HTML5

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Feb 20 09:13:29 PST 2016

On 2016-02-20 18:09, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Fair enough. So, what's your proposal to fix the problem you brought up?

I brought it up primarily as a problem in the HTML spec. That one could
be fixed by requiring to use <span> instead of <tt> (with appropriate CSS).

Right now I don't think we need to kill <tt> in xml2rfc, but we could
think about adding more specific ones that could be mapped to their HTML
counterparts. But that should be driven by RFC-related use cases, not
some kind of HTML-feature-completeness.

Best regards, Julian