[rfc-i] How to indent artwork with surrounding block

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Feb 17 14:29:13 PST 2016

On 2/17/16, 1:17 PM, "rfc-interest on behalf of Julian Reschke" <rfc-interest-bounces at rfc-editor.org on behalf of julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>On 2016-02-17 21:09, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>> On 17 Feb 2016, at 8:02, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not completely sure how
>>>
>>> a) the need to identify code that should be surrounded with "<CODE
>>> BEGINS>" / "<CODE ENDS>", and
>>>
>>> b) the desire to distinguish between artwork (like diagrams), source
>>> code (such as ABNF), and examples (such as protocol messages)
>>>
>>> relate to each other. Could you elaborate?
>>
>> As others have said, (a) is not a real need. Given that, the desire in
>> (b) might exist for some people but is not a requirement.
>
>Ahem. Brian just disagreed with you about (a). So did Joe.

After talking with Paul about this a little, I think I'm wavering a bit.  I think this needs to be a part of the conversation we have with the Trust, to understand if there is an IPR difference between examples and sourcecode.

I wonder if calling the element <protocol> instead of <example> might make it clearer why there was a different element with different semantics?

--
Joe Hildebrand