[rfc-i] "AUTH48" after format change

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Wed Feb 17 09:49:52 PST 2016

Hello Larry,

On 2/17/16 8:46 AM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> My apologies if this has been addressed.
>

> I wonder if the 'AUTH48' part of the RFC publication process and
> procedures will need changing because of the much larger set of things
> that need to be checked.

This is something I've brought up with the IESG as the new features have
implications in the last call and stream manager (i.e., IESG, ISE, IAB,
IRSG) review process. If you haven't seen this message from Jari and the
IESG, it is useful context for the procedures question:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=ietf-announce&gbt=1&qdr=m

> As it is, when doin complex layout for HTML and PDF opens the
> possibility of tooling errors or more clerical errors.

If an error is introduced that is purely a tooling error that
incorrectly renders something from the XML, then we can re-render the
document when the bug is fixed. If an error is introduced because of a
problem with the XML itself, or if an error is introduced as part of the
editing process (which includes the clerical errors you mention) then an
errata needs to be filed. A -bis document is also a possible solution.

-Heather