[rfc-i] SVG meta-languages

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Feb 15 10:36:19 PST 2016

On further reading of draft-iab-svg-rfc, I think it may be time to either remove section 5 in its entirety, or to replace it with a single paragraph like:

"""
Several tools exist to generate SVG from a higher-level input format.  For example, packet layout diagrams and sequence diagrams are image types both can be readily converted from a domain-specific language to SVG.
"""

This would remove a bunch of non-normative text from the document, making it a lot easier to read.

Note: I believe this text was important to get us to this point, and represents good work.  Nevil, if you want to make sure the work doesn't get lost, I would recommend writing a single draft for each of the input formats.

--
Joe Hildebrand