[rfc-i] sourcecode indentation

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 14 10:31:01 PST 2016

On 2/14/16 2:37 AM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> Not sure you are talking about these, but ASCII HT characters MUST NOT
> be allowed in RFC source.
>
> RFC 7386/7396 should be enough warning here.

Then sourcecode languages that require (such as Makefiles) them cannot
appear in ietf documents.

If it is only that one, then it probably isn't a big issue. I can't
offhand think of any others where that is a problem. (Where there is a
semantic difference between a space and a tab, and where there isn't
some way to escape a tab when you need to.)

	Thanks,
	Paul