[rfc-i] sourcecode indentation

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Feb 13 00:40:21 PST 2016

On 2016-02-12 21:31, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
> After talking with Tony Hansen, I have an approach for sourcecode indentation that I think might work.  I'm not sold on whether the usefulness of this approach is worth the complexity it imparts, so if you think this is an important use case, please speak up.
>
> Remember, the new-in-v3 <sourcecode> element indents relative to its enclosing block, not relative to the left side of the page like <artwork>.

...which reminds me about the fact that there are things other than
<sourcecode> that require a mono-spaced font / no formatting, but should
be indented like the surrounding text, namely examples. What do we do
with those?

(and yes, I believe the indent attribute goes into the right direction)

Best regards, Julian