[rfc-i] SVG controls and HTML

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Fri Feb 12 13:45:03 PST 2016

On 2/12/16, 2:36 PM, "rfc-interest on behalf of Doug Royer" <rfc-interest-bounces at rfc-editor.org on behalf of douglasroyer at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 02/12/2016 12:57 PM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
>> I hope not.  Indeed, checking with jing against the RNG schema from draft-svg yields a bunch of errors, including for the script tag and onload attribute.  I'll send you the whole error trace off-list.
>>

>This may be a duplicate, mailer crashed during send.
>
>Thank you, my example was meant to show by visual example, not to say
>that particular SVG code "as is" should be included.
>
>I am sure that I could modify, edit, XSLT, or whatever that output to
>meet the RNG schema.
>
>iab-html says that JavaScript may be embedded. So I could do a lot of
>things that do not change the text.
>
>Is this a hole in the draft that should be plugged?

The javascript that will be included in the HTML output format will not be under control of the XML input format in any way.  It will be the same (except for perhaps a couple of variables) in every document.  The intent of that script will be to pull in the obsoleted/errata data from the IETF tools API.  That's pretty different than what you were trying to do with SVG, in my opinion.

--
Joe Hildebrand